Friday, August 31, 2012

Where did the Summer Go?

Excellent question, too bad I don't have a great answer.  We didn't go on any fancy fun camping adventures (if you know Clint, that's not a big surprise), we haven't done anything about adoption (had to get a house first), and we didn't win a million dollars (did anyone else?).  Our biggest excitement was of course buying a new house, so that's pretty big.  

As I was going through my pictures, we didn't do much of anything in June, it was a pretty mellow month.  It was kind of stressful wondering if we were going to get a house or not, you know since it was a short sale and the banks can be so finicky about silly little things, but everything ended up turning out.  The biggest thing that happened in June was Clint's promotion.  He was promoted to "Director of Project Management," or something like that, I just know that he gets a million emails, has two million meetings a day, and has a team of project managers that he oversees.  Sounds kind of boring to me, but he let me know that he has a "grown-up" job now, so the 9-5 days are over and that he has to do work stuff whenever it needs to be done.  This promotion has been a wonderful blessing and I couldn't be prouder of all of Clint's hard work.

July, again we dealt with the stress of a house, stress of packing and I had an amazing week at girls camp.  I'll have to do a post just about girls camp because I loved it so much!  The saddest part about moving has been leaving the young women and leaders I worked with in our old ward.  Such amazing people.

So onto August...

 This is pretty much what things looked like in August, boxes, boxes and more boxes - what a mess!  We moved into the house August 3rd and it seemed like we weren't home very much so it took forever to get things un-packed.

Two days after we moved in, there was a fire that started a few miles away from us.  We live right up against the mountain so unfortunately, I don't think this will be our last fire.  Please pray for us that we won't have to ever worry about a fire, but seeing as the state of Utah has been on fire this year, we'll just have to be prepared.

 On August 6th, I celebrated my 32nd Birthday.  It was a great day!  Clint took me to Texas Roadhouse for dinner and then the best part...

 ..Going to Sundance to see "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers."  It was the best birthday weekend EVER!  I got a house, couches and wonderful night with my amazing husband.

 The day after my birthday, I went to Cafe Rio with my friends Mindy and Shantel and guess who was there to wish me a happy birthday?  OK, so maybe Jef was there just to eat with his buddy, but I can pretend.  The three of us were too shy to say anything to him, so instead Mindy took an "accidental" photo of him, since we were sitting at the table next to him.  It made the night so much fun!

Aug 15-18 we went to San Diego for Clint's great grandmother "Momgie's" funeral.  It was a very quick trip, but we still had a good time.  More to come on that later.  Please don't judge me that I'm wearing the same outfit as I was on my birthday, how embarrassing!  :).

For over 2 years I have been having major pain in my feet, mostly my right. I just figured it was plantar faciitist and that I needed to do stretching, exercises and wear orthodontics, well after my softball game last week I could barely walk the pain was so bad.  I went to the pediatrics and he didn't have very good news for me.  I have a bone spur (it's kind of hard to see on the x-ray unless you know what you're looking for) that seems to be putting pressure on a nerve which is causing the pain.  He seems to think surgery is the best way to permanently fix the pain.  I'm not sure if I want to go through that, so we'll see what happens in the next few weeks and decide from there.

Lastly, I got a call from Salt Lake Community College on Monday saying they had a last minute opening for the dental hygiene program and that I could start my two year program the next day!  I was so shocked because I am not scheduled to start the program until fall of 2016.  The lady said that I had an hour and a half to think about it and get back to her as soon as I could.  I'm sure that I'll regret the decision I made sometime later in my life, but I just couldn't drop everything at the blink of an eye and start school.  There would be no way financially we could afford me to quit work  and I would have missed a week worth of school.  And the biggest reason, I was not mentally prepared to kill my brain like that.  It was the hardest decision to make, but we feel really good about it.  It was a VERY stressful hour and a half!

Well that sums things up in a nut shell, hopefully I'll get around to posting more post in the next few days, but life is busy as you all know so I'll get to it when I can.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Yeah!!! I would have LOVED to celebrate with you on your birhday! Sundance would have been aweseom!