Tuesday, March 3, 2009


So after my surgery, I was really sad and depressed. I was taking a nap on Tuesday the 6th of January and Clint came up stairs and said, "Get up, our flight leaves in two and half hours." Of course I thought he was joking, but when he started packing suit cases I started asking questions. He said that we needed to get away and clear our minds. He really hadn't booked the flight yet, but was totally serious about going. So, we found a flight that left at 5:30, packed our stuff, dropped Jax off at my parents and then headed for the airport. It was such a fun time.

We flew to San Diego and got there around 8, checked into our hotel and called it a night. On Wednesday we took it easy. I was still pretty sore from my surgery, so we just went shopping, drove around San Diego, went out to dinner and went to a movie.

Thursday we slept in, and by the time we got up to take a shower the hot water in the hotel was gone, or so we thought. We later found out that the hot water takes awhile to get up to the 12th floor. We felt pretty dumb. But while we were waiting for some hot water we decided to head out to the the Wild Animal Park.

It was my first time ever being there and it was really cool. The best part was I couldn't walk much, so Clint pushed me around in a wheel chair. The only bad thing about that was, I was freezing and he was dying of heat. That night we went to a really nice restaurant right on the beach.

Friday we couldn't decide if we should go to Disneyland, or Universal Studios. We decided to go to Universal Studios, and I wish we would have chosen the latter. It really wasn't too bad, just kind of boring. We didn't get there until 12, and little did we know, but they close at 5. So, we didn't get to do everything. But it was a great time of year to go. We never had to wait in line for more than 20 minutes!

When the park closed, we went over to the Mall that is right next door to kill some time so we didn't have to deal with LA traffic. We didn't get back to San Diego till midnight. Boy were we tired!

Isn't he cute with his pink back pack on?

Saturday we went to Sea World, which is always fun. The weather was so perfect, 75 degrees, sunny and the air was so clean! A huge change from the snow we had just come from in Utah. Clint's aunt lives in Ramona, which is about 40 minutes away from Sea World, so we went out to dinner with her and her husband and one of their friends. It was great to see them again.

Sunday we had to come home, but it was so much fun to see Jax again. He missed us a lot and it just makes you feel so good when you have someone to greet you with as much excitement as he has! Thanks Clint for the perfect spontaneous trip. It made things so much better!

1 comment:

Summer said...

What a thoughtful husband you have! I'm so glad you have a blog now, I'm way more into blog's than FB so now I can catch up with you here.