Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Seattle is Not the Place for Me

So I have decided that it's a good thing we will not be moving to Seattle or some other Pacific Northwest area (please tell me Akron Ohio isn't like Seattle!). I'm getting really tired of not seeing the sun! It's been cloudy here in Utah for the past week or so, and I don't know how much more I can take. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the cooler weather and the moisture, but then again, I haven't really noticed THAT much moisture. It seems like it will rain for a few minutes, then stop for a long time, and then rain a little more, and stop again. But during the stopping stages, I'm not seeing ANY sun and I'm starting to get a little claustrophobic!

I got really depressed when I pulled up the weather and noticed that for the next 10 days it's going to be about the same. Now I'm praying that it's wrong (most likely my prayers will come true because the weather people are never right), but if for some reason it's right, I may just have to exchange my ticket to Ohio for the Bahamas.

There are so many things that I would like to do, but can't because of the "rain". My windows need some major TLC, and what's the point in cleaning them one night if the next day it's going to rain? So I just have to stare out water stained windows till the sun decides to come out and stay. I did get brave and clean my sliding glass door (because it's under an eve and I figured the rain wouldn't do too much damage to it) and boy did it make a difference! Every time I look at it, I ask myself why it took me so long to give it a good scrubbing, HUGE difference.

I would also like to drive over to the other side of Utah Lake to take pictures of the mountains I have taken advantage of for the past 28 years. I could take pictures with all the clouds, but wouldn't it be so much prettier if their was a beautiful blue sky in the background? I agree. Plus as you can see in the pictures above, the clouds are cutting off the top of Timp, and we wouldn't want to remember the mountains that way, now would we?

So for now the pictures and windows will have to wait. I really hope that by the time I get around to taking pictures the mountains won't be completely brown like they get every year. And hopefully when the rain stops I'll still have the motivation to clean the windows.

Anyway, on a happier note, we did get an offer on our house a week ago, unfortunately the bank has the final say. We FINALLY got ahold of the bank today and they are saying it could take 30-45 days till we hear back on approval. So please pray that the couple that put the offer in will still be interested by then. I really hate that we are having to sell in this dumb stupid market, but remember, have a positive attitude that everything will work out.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I have never had to do a Seattle winter, but Seattle summers are TO DIE for! About 80 degrees and sunny from mid June to Aug usually. I'm glad you got an offer! Banks are stupid. I hope they get on the ball and come back with their decision sooner. Good luck with all that you have going on! Hope to see you soon!