Thursday, September 24, 2009

Happy Birthday Clint!

Yesterday was Clint's 29th birthday. I'd have to say that this was the year of uneventful birthdays. On my birthday we unloaded our moving truck and for Clint's birthday he got to study. I did make him a cake and I think from now on we'll leave the decorating to the professionals.

You might notice that blue glob of frosting in the top corner? Well that is suppose to be the logo for the Akron Zips.

This is what I was shooting for, ya you don't have to tell me twice that cake decorating is not my thing.

I took the cake to school and invited some of our law school friends and their spouses to join us for lunch.

Some of my new friends that I just love! Heather and Jack, Lindsey, Emily Annie and Andy, Sarah above them and Jeff at the end. (Sorry Lindsey if I got the girls mixed up.)

Pete, PJ and Clint. I don't know how I managed to miss the others who came. Sorry next time I'll do a little better at taking pictures.

This is how Clint spent his birthday, looks fun huh? He had a lot to do this night because his professor had a little tizzy fit. It was kind of funny story.

Clint has this professor that is really strict and mean (one year he made a girl cry and she never came back to law school.) Well last Thursday the professor said that starting next week he was going to start moving through the cases quicker. Clint rose his hand and asked if they were 5 cases ahead if that would still be good enough. The professor said that should be fine.

Well on Tuesday the professor made it through the 5 cases and started to go over the 6th case (which no one had read because 5 was plenty). The professor asked a girl to brief the case and she said that she hadn't read it. The professor started giving them a bible lecture about trust. He said if he can't trust them with small things, how was he going to trust them with large things.

At this point Clint was mad, so he raised his hand and reminded the professor that on Thursday he had told the class that being 5 cases ahead would be far enough along. Then the professor started mumbling that going the extra mile would be way too much for a class todo. The professor then grabbed his books and said, "Fine then I guess it's my fault, class is over!"

Well not 20 minutes later the class got an email from the professor stating that he was changing the syllabus and that everyone needed to be at least 10 cases ahead to be prepared for class. So the whole class had 2 days to read more than 10 cases so that they would be prepared for class. The class now likes Clint, but I'm afraid Clint will get a nice "F" for making the professor have a bad day. I sure hope that doesn't happen or we'll be in big trouble!


And poor Jax, all he wanted to do was just play with his Daddy. He guarded the door all night wishing Clint would come out.

Hopefully Friday we'll get to celebrate Clint's birthday a little more. He is really busy this weekend so we'll see if it happens. Happy Birthday Clint! I love you so much and appreciate all you do for us.

6 comments:

Lindsey said...

cute picture of you and clint - y'all have such great smiles. LOVE the pic of jax! he really needs to come over and play with us! so sorry he was locked in the room. :( birthdays just aren't the same when you are big. AND - I lvoed your cake - it tasted a thousand times yummier than any professionals!!!

Sarah said...

i think your cake was awesome, both tasting and looking!! too bad clint had to spend his birthday reading. hopefully that will be the last birthday like that!

Heather said...

Thank you for the invite to come and have cake and to celebrate. It was fun to go to school on a "special" day. By the way, in case you haven't heard it lately...you are the best! I really appreciate you taking care of Jack the other day. It really helped get through it all. Glad we have you two as friends.

Carolyn said...

That is a crazy story! Your cake turned out great too.

Janet said...

Happy Birthday Clint! I still remember how excited I was to become an aunt! it's so fun to hear how you guys are doing. hopefully the nutty professor chills out. we miss you and can't wait to see you at Christmas!

Stepper the Mighty said...

did you make that cake??!