Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Vegas

The forth week of June Clint had a conference for work in Vegas.  He drove down Thursday with some of his coworkers and then I was able to come down the next day after work to meet up with him.  I didn't want to drive down alone so I convinced Andrea and Scott to drive down with me.  We got there about 6:30, perfect timing since Clint's conference had just ended.  We checked into our hotel and then went to dinner at one of the buffets in town. We stayed at an Embassy Suite off the strip, we REALLY liked it and there wasn't the craziness like there is on the strip, plus it was MUCH cheaper!  At the buffet the food was GREAT but it totally wasn't worth the money.  Non of us could eat more than 2 plates so we didn't really feel like we got our money's worth, Oh well, you live and learn.

After dinner we headed over to the Belagio to check out the water show they have.  I have always wanted to see it and never have, so it was a priority for me this trip.  It was really fun to see and really amazing what they can do with water, air and music.  We were pretty tired after the Belagio so being the old boring people we are, we headed back to the hotel to sleep.

Saturday we spent some time by the pool and by we I mean Andrea and me.  Clint and Scott lasted maybe 30 minutes and then couldn't stand being cooked anymore so they went back to our room.  After we got ready we headed back to the strip and went to Madame Tussauds Wax Museum .  That was A LOT of fun.  I can't believe how real they make the stars look.  I don't think the pictures do a very good job at making the models look real, but if you are up close and personal with the stars, the detail work is AMAZING!  I really liked going and I would recommend it to everyone.  Just make sure you get a coupon, they are all over the place if you look hard enough.

After dinner we went to a Variety show.  It was OK, there was some cool stuff but I am so glad we didn't pay full price.  We had a buy one get one free tickets and I would have been TICKED if I would have spent full price.  But really all the shows in Vegas are SO expensive so we did pretty good paying as little as we did.

Again we were pretty tired after the show so we walked the strip a little (only because we were looking for the M&M factory which doesn't exist on the strip, there is a store, but no factory), and then we headed back to the hotel.

The next morning Clint and I slept in while Scott and Andrea went to visit one of Scott's mission companions.  After they got back we packed up and headed home.  It was another quick trip but we had a good time and it was nice to just get away, even if it was just for a couple of days.  Thanks Scott and Andrea for going with us, it made it a lot more fun!

We won't go into detail on this one, let's just say Andrea had a little struggle with the window on the Jeep and her middle finger.  OUCH!!!

One of the pictures above is the temperature.  It was SOOO hot, the hottest that we ever saw was 109.  Thank goodness it was dry and not humid like it is back east!





No comments: