Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time Out For Women

So the one good thing about not updating your blog till months later is that when you finally blog about an event, you get to re-live the experience in a way.

On April 23, 2010 my friend Jen Anderson and I took a 2 hour drive down to Pittsburg, PA and met up with Rachel and Jessie for Deseret Book's Time Out for Women Conference. It was such a good uplifting conference and since my life at the time needed a lot of hope it's exactly what I needed (that was the conference theme). We got there on Friday night and listen to a few speakers and then headed to the hotel where we had some headaches about a canceled room that they said they weren't going to refund. Thankfully in the end everything worked out.

Saturday was another great day of talks, lunch and more talks. It kind of made me feel like I was back in Utah being around so many LDS women. Such a great feeling!

Here are a few pictures that we took.

The four of us posing in front of the sign.

It was so much fun running into my friend Kim Walker. We served together in Young Women's in our Orem ward and she is living in West Virginia supporting her husband through Medical School. It was great seeing you Kim! I miss you tons!

Some of the Akron 1st Ward women posing in front of these weird statues.


And finally Jen and me (and other's in the back ground) eating at a hole in the wall that turned out to be decent.

Thanks Jen for inviting me and driving down with me. I had a great time and it was a desperate need in my life. I miss all of you Akron Ladies! Hope you're doing well.

1 comment:

JoshandJen said...

That was such a fun trip, and I definitely needed to hear those talks too, it was such an amazing experience. I am so so glad you were able to come down with me, it was so nice to have someone to talk to for that 2 hour drive and I so wished we would have gotten a picture of us wearing our law tee shirts ;)